President’s Annual Highlights on Agami’s Global Operations and Achievements
As we reach the end of the year, I take the opportunity to express my gratitude and appreciation for all your hard work for Agami in 2016.
This was an extremely successful year with many achievements and initiatives. Here are just a few:
- Executed a School Program benefitting 10,000 students in 18 underprivileged schools in Bangladesh
- Provided Continuing Education support to many students of city slums
- Ran Science Education Programs in multiple schools in Dhaka city
- Launched Khan Academy Bangla website with 1,850 tutorials on Math, Science and Computer Programming
- Achieved the unique milestone of one million views for Khan Academy Bangla YouTube channel in November
- Undertook many new initiatives like Teachers Training, National Science Debate, Healthcare for Education, Health Education Course, Laptops for Quality Education, Books & Libraries, Ready to Read English, etc.
- Raised funds of more than $185,000 in USA and BDT 31 lacs in Bangladesh
- Achieved grants/donations of BDT 59 lacs from corporations like Grameenphone, Standard Chartered Bank, Bangladesh Computer Council, Padma Group, etc.
- Approved a quarter-million-dollar annual operational budget for the fiscal year 2016
Your hard work played a crucial role in doing more than what we planned for! I am excited about building on our successes in 2016 and look forward to the opportunities that await us in 2017. If we can put together our hands, hearts, and heads at the right place at the right time with appropriate organizational priorities, we’ll do better. With all my energy and enthusiasm, I look forward to working with you.
Wish you and your families a very happy and healthy New Year!
Author: Sabir Majumder, North Carolina