Agami efforts to promote education for underprivileged children are divided into three main categories – Programs, Projects and Initiatives (PPI). Programs have the attributes of long term goals, wide in scope, easy to replicate, quick to scale etc. whereas the Initiatives fall near the other end of the spectrum. Often Initiatives start as a pilot and later depending on feasibility, viability, scope of impact etc. get upgraded to Projects which is the next higher level and so on.
|PPI Locations Across Bangladesh|
Our current PPIs are -
- School Program
- Khan Academy Bangla (KAB)
- Life is Fun! Science Education
- Continuing Education (aka Ex-Alok)
Projects (Click to see details of all Projects):
- Teachers aids
- National Science Debate
- Local Project in USA
- Student Internship
Initiatives (Click to see details of all Initiatives ):
- Teachers Training
- Healthcare for Education
- Health Education Course
- Ready to Read English
- Books & Libraries
- Online Tutoring
- Computers Labs
- Disaster Fund
- Laptop from USA
- Science Reference Books
Details of Our Programs
- School Program: Our School Program enables the successful operation of 18 primary and high schools across Bangladesh in 2016. Working closely with individual schools we identify the greatest areas of need for each institution and act accordingly.
- Khan Academy Bangla: The launch of the Khan Academy Bangla Site (bn.khanacademy.org) on March 1, 2016 is the latest milestone in the journey to bring Khan Academy’s much acclaimed educational resources to the students and teachers of Bangladesh. Agami’s collaboration with Khan Academy started in 2011, with the translation of over 800 Khan Academy math videos. In 2012-2014 school years, Agami has made these videos available to over 2,000 underprivileged students in over 20 schools across Bangladesh. In 2016, our work continues with translations to cover new topics and a 20 school pilot study to evaluate the website.
- Continued Education Program: Our Continued Education Program provides ex-Agami students with financial, academic and mentoring support to pursue higher education after graduating from Agami schools.
Click here to read more about Continued Education Program..
- Science Initiative: In our newest initiative, we are developing a package of science lessons for grades 3, 4 and 5. The goal is to motivate children towards learning science and link their classroom-learning with day-to-day life.
Click here to read more about Science Initiative Program..