|Project Locations Across Bangladesh|
Agami is dedicated to promote education for the underprivileged children in Bangladesh. 43% of the population of Bangladesh is under the age of 19. We believe in unfolding the promise of this vast population by giving them access to quality education. We aim to do this through a combination of providing basic educational resources, and bringing innovations in education technology to the classrooms of Bangladesh.
- School Program: Our School Program enables the successful operation of 18 primary and high schools across Bangladesh in 2016. Working closely with individual schools we identify the greatest areas of need for each institution and act accordingly.
Click here to read more about School Programs.
- Khan Academy Bangla: The launch of the Khan Academy Bangla Site (bn.khanacademy.org) on March 1, 2016 is the latest milestone in the journey to bring Khan Academy’s much acclaimed educational resources to the students and teachers of Bangladesh. Agami’s collaboration with Khan Academy started in 2011, with the translation of over 800 Khan Academy math videos. In 2012-2014 school years, Agami has made these videos available to over 2,000 underprivileged students in over 20 schools across Bangladesh. In 2016, our work continues with translations to cover new topics and a 20 school pilot study to evaluate the website.
- Continued Education Program: Our Continued Education Program provides ex-Agami students with financial, academic and mentoring support to pursue higher education after graduating from Agami schools.
- Solar Program: Our Solar Program enables students to study longer hours utilizing environment-friendly, renewable energy provided by solar lamps.
- Science Initiative: In our newest initiative, we are developing a package of science lessons for grades 3, 4 and 5. The goal is to motivate children towards learning science and link their classroom-learning with day-to-day life.